8.12.2010

Six down...and lots more to go...

We had another painfully exhausting session with the DPT this evening.  I was seriously not feeling it today.  I was having cravings, the tiny people are killing my body, and I just wanted to lounge around in the family room watching TV.  So when the hubby came home and saw that I was not ready for the gym, he was not a happy camper.  I huffed and puffed about it, but I finally got ready for our workout.  He says: "It will be so much fun once we get there." I say: "Fun? What part of it is fun?"  I'm thinking:  "In what cruel world would any of this be considered FUN?!?'  What I want to do is make a U-turn and go to Dairy Queen for a mini blizzard and then watch TV.

I mope the entire way to the gym, because I haven't gotten my way and I don't like that.  Why yes, I can act like a petulant child if I want to!  Then there's DPT smiling away, and I just know that he has something horrible up his sleeve for today's workout.  We start off with our cardio and, before we leave the gym, we get our usual 30 minutes in.  I tried the elliptical, and I'm not so scared of it anymore.  Apparently our gym's elliptical machines are the devil, and start you off with an incline of 5.  So if you just lower that little number to 0 or 1, it's not as bad as it was before.  Although, DPT did raise the resistance up to 27 for all of 30 seconds and I was about to jump off!

So now is the fun part - the 30 minutes of strength and core training.  My weights remained the same for this session; although, he did mention he was going to up them next week.  I really hope he forgets that statement, because I thought my arms were going to fall off.  I do really enjoy the medicine ball slams, because it really helps to get out some frustrations.  Today I was frustrated because I weighed in on Monday and there was no change on the scale from last week, so I slammed the ball extra hard.  I'm really not a fan of resistance band bicep curls - everything burns - and then DPT tells me to alternate arms.  I give him the deer-in-the-headlights look, but he just says YOU CAN DO IT!

DPT added a new exercise today.  When he brought a rope out of his bag, I didn't know what to think.  He puts the rope in each of my hubby's hands and then pulls on it from the back.  Then a light goes off - OMG!  We are going to have to pull him!  Ok, I've watched this on The Biggest Loser, and there is no way I can pull our trainer.  Of course, DPT doesn't take "no" or "can't" for an answer, so I suck it up.  I get nervous watching my hubby do it, because he pulls him all the way to the mirrors (and eventually across the gym floor).  I get in position, close my eyes, and start running.  P.S. - I don't run.  I've opted to only run if I'm being chased by a bear or some other wild animal.  By the fourth set of these, I have at least pulled him a few feet from his original position.  I'm proud of that!  Things I dislike about this session - knowing my weights will increase next week, burning biceps, and the squat position.

After the big goose-egg weigh in on Monday, I was not going to weigh in again until next week.  However, I was playing around with my Wii Fit board, and it showed me at a lower weight than on Monday.  The batteries were going dead in the board, so I thought maybe it was a fluke.  The first weigh-in on the board showed me as weighing 4 lbs. and being severely underweight.  I think my Mii was completely see-through.  So I decide to just check the weight at the gym, and see if the board was telling the truth.  While the hubby is finishing his cardio, I sneak over to the scale and weigh myself.  I can't believe it - the scale reads the same as the Wii Fit board.

I'M DOWN 6 LBS!

This pushes all the moping feelings from my brain, and it pushes all the cravings out of my body for the time being. I'm so excited.  Of course my mom says "I told you so!", because I had just complained to her about not seeing any results.  DPT says that our change will be 70% diet/food and 30% exercise, and we've changed both dramatically.  I can't wait for future results!

Until next time I leave you with a proverb: "Dieting is not a piece of cake!"

2 comments:

  1. lol....amy you should write a book!! you would do good...love to read your blog...and proud of what you have accomplished so far..keep up the good work!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's A-W-E-S-O-M-E! So proud of you, keep up the good work and I know you will now after seeing results!

    ReplyDelete