8.10.2010

And so the journey begins...

After watching 10 seasons of The Biggest Loser and always telling myself tomorrow would be the day I would change, I'm reluctant to say that tomorrow never came.  I was the overweight person watching people lose weight on television, with my two favorite friends: Ben and Jerry, wishing that personal trainer would kick down my door and drag me to the gym. 

After struggling with my weight most of my life, I am the girl who rarely ate in high school so I could shop in the normal section (even then it was the last possible size in that section).  I am the girl who gained the freshmen 15, plus 15, in college.  I am the girl who bought her wedding dress off eBay, because I was too embarrassed to try on dresses at a bridal salon.  I am the girl who wants to take her nieces and nephew to an amusement park, but is afraid of not being able to ride anything.  I am the girl that sits on the sidelines, and hasn't taken an active role in her life for a long time.  And this girl is fed up...and is sick and tired of being sick and tired all the time!

So my journey begins with a new lifestyle change!

I realized that no personal trainer could be my saving grace, because I have to make the decision myself.  I have to drag myself to the gym, even if I don't feel like it.  I have to watch what I eat, even if I would rather have something fatty and deep fried.  I have to want this more than life itself, because that's what it has come down to. 

Do I want to live?  Uh, YES!  There are tons of amazing adventures that I have not experienced in my 29 years!  So stay tuned for snippets of my journey, and experience the highs and lows of this new lifestyle change with me.  This could get quite interesting...

3 comments:

  1. So proud of you babe, this is a journey we need to take together. I'm behind you 110% every step of the way. With each others support, there's nothing that's gonna stop us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm proud of you both, and hope all your dreams come true in life! And never let anybody tell you, that you can't do it, I know you very well and I know that you can do anything that you set out to do! I Love You!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok, so as I wipe away my tears. I just want to say, "YOU GO GIRL!" This is what you have wanted for a long time. It's amazing what a little kick in the pants can do, and I want you to continue on the journey of much more happiness than ever before. You are opening yourself up to so much more opportunity. I pray you do your best and stick with this. I pray that trainer whips you into shape just as you have envisioned. This is a wonderful goal to set for yourself and even more wonderful that you have a GREAT husband and best friend right by your side in this journey. I know this will bring happiness to your life. I know this will bring more confidence in your life also. I support you and Dave in this journey you have started, to make a better future for you both. I love you all, and am sooo excited for you.

    ReplyDelete