8.10.2010

My trainer is the DEVIL...

Let me start off by saying that my trainer DOES NOT have horns, although sometimes I really think he is hiding them.

My husband and I enrolled in a Weight Management program through my insurance company.  The program is for one year, and we have access to a gym, personal trainer, and a dietitian.  If you quit this program, you can NEVER enroll again.  How's that for motivation?

Last Wednesday, we had our first session with our personal trainer (DPT - I bet you can guess what the D is for?!).  To say I was scared was an understatement - I was petrified.  We completed 30 minutes of cardio on the treadmill, and 30 minutes of strength exercises with him.  After our first session with him, he said that it would just get harder as the sessions progressed.  Really?!?  After that session, I was sweating like a pig and my legs felt like jello.  Great things to look forward to.  I didn't know the jello feeling in my legs would be replaced with tiny people pulling all my muscles into uncomfortable positions.

The following day, we had our second session with our DPT.  I was sore and struggling, but I was going to push through the pain for our one-hour session.  Again, we completed 30 minutes of cardio on the treadmill, and 30 minutes of strength and core exercises with him.  The sweat was pouring out of places I didn't know existed, and the tiny people in my legs had multiplied and moved to my arms as well.  I just want to say that I dislike very much two items from this workout - wall squats and lunges. 

Yesterday we had our third session with our DPT - just as the tiny people in my body took a much needed vacation.  We completed 30 minutes of cardio on the treadmill, and 30 minutes of strength and core exercises with him.  So, I know it's not a good sign when your ears start ringing, but about 20 minutes in I had this issue.  I'm pretty sure I was on the verge of passing out and vomiting all at the same time.  Nice, right?!?  Just as I started to feel some semblance of normal, the tiny people happily invaded my body after their short vacation - and I live to see another day.  I dislike several things from this workout - upping my weights, plank raises, and the crabwalk. 

P.S. - The hubby says that it's not a good workout until someone pukes, so I guess it was a good workout!

Until next time, I leave you with an English Proverb:  "Don't dig your grave with your own knife and fork."

No comments:

Post a Comment